CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Charlie Davies and suffering

Today I received a text from a friend telling me of the car accident Charlie Davies, a forward on the men's national soccer team, was involved in. Upon my further research I found that his injuries required several hours of surgery and he will be missing 6-12 months of competition where he will be undergoing extensive rehab.

It still amazes me why God takes people through such events to reveal Himself. That was my prayer for Charlie and the other friend who survived the crash as one passenger passed away. God works all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I trust in his hard work ethic that Charlie will bounce back from this but my heart quickly turns to where his heart is in relation to Jesus. I dont know where Charlie is spiritually but I pray that this accident is more than an accident...that the crash breaks down Charlie's heart to see who God truly is and that our God has a plan for his life. My prayers reach to his teammates that are believers in Christ that they can use this to showcase God's plan and let the players know that God has a plan for their lives. Just because these guys are 'famous' doesnt mean that they dont hurt or have pain. Hardship and suffering are real. God has given us suffering as a gift (Phi 1:29) and are you really embracing that? Are you looking at suffering in your own life as tragedy or as a present 'wrapped in a bow' as John Piper puts it ready to be used for God's glory?

Let us pray over Charlie and his friends tonight for God to show them mercy/grace/forgiveness/life/love in ways they never thought possible...

0 comments: